The Galaxy Gio is a mid budget smartphone introduced by Samsung which has already provided some Android lovers (who are seeking to get experience Android) with relief and happiness through its low price tag. The Galaxy Gio runs the Android 2.2 froyo with many other good hardware specs.
Now here’s is how you can root Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 with Android 2.2 Froyo :
1. Download the zip file from the below link.
2. Copy it and transfer it your SD card root.
3. Switch off your phone.
4. Hold down middle button and press the Power On button to start the phone in recovery mode.
5. Choose the update from SD Card option.
6. Now choose the Update.zip file from the list.
7. Once the process is done and the phone is rebooted, it’ll be rooted!
Via XDA Forums (Download Zip file from here)
That’s how to root Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660!