Rooting can give you an opportunity to dig in deep to your phone’s OS. So, if you are looking forward to root Huawei Ideos X6, a member from the XDA forums have got a new way for you to root Huawei Ideos X6. Below are the steps he mentioned to root Huawei Ideos X6.
NOTE: Try this at your own risk!
1) Ok first things first if your device is on … TURN IT OFF then holding the vol+ button press power you should get a black screen saying “incoming download mode” on top then a continuous cycle of “polling, get oemsbl_mode = 1”
2) Plug it into your computer and the new drive folder will open (or however you have it set up) inside this new “USB” device should be a folder called “Images” open that
NOW MAKE A COPY OF EACH OF THESE FILES AND MAKE SURE YOU PLACE THEM SOMEWHERE SAFE!!!!!
3) Now take this file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5734432/recovery.img.zip rename it to the simple recovery.img and overwrite the original
4) Download this set of su binaries and superuser.apk along with busybox installed properly
place this on the root or first folder of the sd card
5) Now you will have to pull the battery but make sure you remove the usb cable first and then put the battery back in and hold Vol+ AND Vol- at the same time and press and hold power until you feel the vibrate then and only then let go of the power continue to hold the Vol+- until the clockworkmod recovery loads
6) Using the up and down volume select install zip from sd by pressing the search button then choose zip from sd card again and scroll down to the “su-18.104.22.168-efgh-signed.zip” and select it let it do its thing then once its done reboot and you have a Rooted device
via Xda Forums