Gingerbreak is a one click rooting tool similar to the popular SuperOneClick app. With Gingerbreak, it is possible to root devices on Android 2.3 Gingerbread(But not all versions of it). You’ll have to download and install the Gingerbreak APK file on your device to use the app. Many newbie android users are unaware of how they are supposed to install the APK file on their devices.
So, here is a tutorial on how to install and use Gingerbreak APK to root your device :
2. Enable USB debugging on your device (Settings -> Applications -> Development).
3. After the device is detected as an external drive, open it and transfer the Gingerbreak APK file to your SD card.
4. Now, unmount your device and install any file manager from the android market.
5. Go to Settings -> Applications and check the ” Unknown sources ” option.
6. Now open up the file manager and browse to the Gingerbreak APK.
7. Allow the APK to be installed and Gingerbreak will be installed on your device.
8. Now make sure USB debugging is enabled and your SD card is mounted.
9. Open Gingerbreak and choose the ” Root Device ” option.
10. The final step is to wait and let the process finish.
Once it is over, reboot your device and you can find superuser app installed.